Squirrels can cause significant damage to your home or business. However, the management of this species is an expert task and must be completed in line with the guidelines in the Wildlife and Countryside Act (1981). Therefore, if you have spotted some of the signs of a grey squirrel in your property, such as noises in the early hours of the morning or even damage to your property, it is vital to seek the services of a professional pest control company. At Mercury Pest Control, our expert technicians work within the strictest protocols to address your infestation rapidly and effectively. If you think you have squirrels in your home or business, contact us today for a free telephone consultation.
We specialise in squirrel removal in London. The grey squirrel may seem cute and friendly while running around your local London park, but once inside your home, they can cause havoc and be a real hazard. There are some common signs.
- Damage: these pesky creatures will chew pretty much anything. This includes woodwork, electric cables, pipes, insulation and beams in your roof. They may also chew boxes or items in your loft or other storage spaces.
- Noises: Begin movement before sunrise, particularly during winter. Therefore, an early sign of an infestation could be noises from the loft of the ceiling area in the early hours of the morning.
- Droppings: have different shapes and colours dependent on the diet; they could look long like rat droppings or spherical like a rabbit dropping.
Dreys: Squirrels will strip bark from deciduous trees such as beech and sycamore and gather twigs. Feeding signs can have traces of empty nutshells and pine cones scattered near the nest.
Suppose you identify any of these signs in your London home. In that case, it is time to call the experts for specialist squirrel removal in London.
- Name: Grey Squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis)
- Features: Brownish grey. Head and body length is 25- 26.5cm plus 22cm of a tail.
- Sustenance: Birdfeed, nuts, fruit buds, birds eggs and nestling
- Life expectancy: Around six years.
- Reproduction: The breeding season is between February and March & June July. The gestation period is 45 days, and the young are weaned at ten weeks and will breed after 6-7 months. Squirrel removal is in high demand during the breeding season.
Squirrel Removal for London Homes
Our tried and tested approach will deal with your issue safely and effectively:
Identify: After carrying out a full risk assessment and site survey of your property, we will identify the safest and most effective way of treating the infestation. This will typically involve traps that we will secure down in locations free from any non-target species
Report: We will provide you with a detailed report from the survey with treatment recommendations. Additionally, this report will include recommendations for proofing, where possible, to prevent re-infestation.
Treat & Monitor: Once we have safely removed the squirrels from your home, we will leave traps in place. We will then carry out a final visit to monitor any potential further activity before giving the all-clear.
Squirrel Control London - Frequently Asked Questions
This rodent is not a fussy eater! For example, fruit buds, nuts, birds, eggs and nestlings. In addition to this, they can be attracted bird feeders. Therefore, we would recommend a squirrel proof bird feed dispenser, which will keep them at bay from your garden.
They are incredibly noisy and energetic, and to some, they can sound like fighting on the roof! In comparison to other rodents, they can be very erratic.
Suppose you think you have an infestation in your London home. In that case, it is essential to call a professional pest control company to deal with the issue. Our tried and tested approach to removal is the most effective method. It is against the Wildlife and Countryside act 1981 to catch and release a grey squirrel, so professional treatment is highly recommended.
Usually, enter London homes to nest during their breeding seasons. As a result, the most common time for us to provide squirrel removal in London is February and March and June and July.
They are highly invasive and erratic creatures. Therefore, some of the most common signs of a squirrel infestation are noises in your ceiling area or loft. In addition to this, you may also spot them climbing up and down pipes or being active in your garden!