If you find mice in your London home or business, it can be very stressful. First and foremost, mice carry diseases which can be harmful to your health. There is also the risk that mice can cause structural damage to buildings. Finally, mice reproduce rapidly, which means that it is vital to take action once you establish an infestation. There are some common signs to look out for if you think you have mice in your home or business, for example, droppings, smearing marks and gnawing sounds. If you think you have mice, contact us today for a free telephone consultation. Our friendly technicians are all RSPH level two qualified and have the knowledge and experience to deal with your issue rapidly and effectively.
Do I have mice?
For mice control treatments to be effective, it is essential to identify whether you have an infestation:
- Droppings: incontinent and produce up to 70 droppings per day. Their droppings are the size of a rice grain. They are commonly located under kitchen units, in utility cupboards and close to internal pipework.
- Noises: nocturnal, which tend around properties at night. Therefore you may hear scurrying or scratching noises in wall cavities, underneath floors or from lofts.
- Smear marks: greasy bodies and leaves black oily marks when they travel throughout properties.
- Smells: as a result of regular urination, urine and droppings may mean you identify ammonia smells.
- Nests: mice will gather discarded tissue, wood shavings, insulation and paper to build a nest.
- Damage: their teeth never stop growing. Therefore mice will constantly gnaw at items to sharpen them down. Look out for damage around wood, food packages or on kick-boards under kitchen units.
Suppose you spot any of these signs in your home or business. In that case, it is essential to seek the services of a professional pest control company.
Facts about mice
- Size: small rodents, measuring 5-7inches. Flexible bodies which can squeeze through the smallest of gaps in your home or business.
- Features: poor eyesight, muscle memory and are territorial creatures.
- Sustenance: sporadic feeders that eat little and often survive off up to three grams of food per day.
- Life expectancy: between 12-18 months.
- Reproduction: start to breed at a young age, and one female mouse will have up to 10 liters per annum.
- Nesting: will seek a warm, dry location to nest, such as under floors near warm pipes or in wall cavities.
Mice Control for London Homes
London is a densely populated and ever-expanding city. In 2019, the number of new houses in London reached a thirty-year peak.
As a result, mice will always find a place to nest in London. Therefore, if you live in London, there’s a strong possibility that you have had a mice infestation.
Because of this, our expert pest controllers have significant experience providing mice control and removal services in London.
Our mice control treatments for London homes involves:
Identify: we will inspect your property to identify the source of the mouse infestation.
Report: we will provide you with clear reports with detailed treatment and proofing recommendations.
Treat & Monitor: using industry certified rodenticides, we will treat the infestation.
Proof: using guaranteed methods to prevent future entry.
Commercial Mice Control London
Mice will continuously seek out food sources and a warm place to nest. Therefore, London’s business properties are an ideal location for these small rodents to settle. As a result, our pest controllers have significant experience providing tailored mouse control services for London’s business owners:
- Hospitality industry: mice pose a significant health and safety risk for the hospitality industry. Therefore, if you own a food business, it is your legal duty to have a regular pest management contract. That will eradicate, control and monitor any possible mice infestations.
- apartment blocks: high-rise buildings that are popular in London, provide several entry points for mice. For example, mice can enter blocks via bin areas, carparks, and plant cupboards. Therefore a regular pest management contract that controls and monitors mice infestations is imperative.
- Schools, colleges and education settings: a mouse infestation can be extremely harmful in an education setting. Therefore, schools are responsible for keeping children safe from risks via a dedicated pest management contract.
- Food production: Pest management systems are imperative for food production sites to protect against mice infestations, as well as comply with audit requirements from EHO, BRC and Salsa.
- Offices: busy offices in central London can be a high risk for pest activity. Regular pest management inspections will eradicate, monitor and control mice activity.
Commercial Pest Control Contracts
If you own a London business, we can provide you with a tailored pest management contract. This will ensure you are always one step ahead of the game when it comes to preventing or controlling mice infestations. Our expert pest controllers will use our four-step commercial mice control approach:
- Identify: detailed inspection of your business will identify the source of any pest issues in your business.
- Report: we will provide you with a detailed report outlining any pest issues in your business. This includes a regular pest inspection routine, which will identify problems early to prevent infestations.
- Treat and monitor: treat existing pest issues using Industry-certified rodenticides. Regular monitoring to prevent future infestations.
- Proof: we will pest-proof your business to safeguard against pest infestations.
Mouse Control London - Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, mice can travel between homes and businesses in London; they are minimal and can fit through gaps as small as 6mm. Because London is an interconnected city, they will travel between several homes and businesses searching for food and a warm place to nest.
In victorian properties commonly found in London, we often find that they will enter via air-bricks and foundation walls. In contrast, in modern high-rise apartment blocks, they will enter via refuse areas, carparks, plant rooms and riser cupboards. Therefore, it is essential to identify all entry points in your home or business and block these to prevent further activity.
These small rodents survive off three grams of food per day, and they will seek out seeds and grains, which are easy to find in London’s homes or business. Although contrary to popular belief, cheese is not always the number one choice for mice, and they prefer peanut butter!
Yes, because they pose a significant risk to health and their urine and faeces are particularly harmful. Furthermore, they can cause considerable damage to your home or business, for example, by chewing through electrical cables or pipes in your home.
Mice infestations are widespread in London. In other words, if you live in London, you have likely seen a mouse!
There are several steps you can take to prevent an infestation in your home and business. Firstly, exceptional hygiene standards are imperative. In addition to this, it is vital to store all food and perishable items in sealed containers.
Your safety is our number one priority. Our trained technicians will complete a full risk-assessment when attending your home or businesses. They will only apply rodenticides out of reach of children or pets. Our technicians will use COSHH (Control of Substances Harmful to Health) regulated products to ensure safety.